Saturday, April 4, 2015

Dad Knows


So it's the day before Easter Sunday and I haven't seen my Dad since December 2014 so I'm hanging out at his house today! 

On top of the cards and thoughtful gifts they even got me a yummy chocolate birthday cake with yellow flowers and green vines on it decorated with purple designs, so cute! I was craving some cake badly, it had butter cream frosting so it wasn't super sweet. Drooling still.

It went quickly....

My Dad & his family are such wonderful people even though I haven't been the closest to them for a while. I'm super blessed to have them around.

When I was 16 I had lost my virginity and gotten pregnant, cheated on and dumped all in a matter of 8 months. My Mom had me at 18 and my Dad was 21, they never married and I don't remember them ever being together since I was born. We all had children young and there was many struggles endured. Should of learned a lesson from them but didn't and now I was on a journey of my own as a single, 16 and pregnant, high school drop out case. There was no reality shows back then to make me lamely famous and this was not a cool trend to start doing, hell it was embarrassing and super scary! People looked down on me and things started falling apart with school, my Mother and the unborn babies father's family causing me to be in the middle of all the fighting. It was depressing already that I was dumped while pregnant, now I had to deal with grown adults battling with each other every day. I was lost and slowly started ignoring everyone, even my Dad. Since then things have been distant but he's always been there for me and I know he always will.

Honestly I wasn't planning on telling my Dad today but they had gotten a bottle of bubbly to celebrate my belated birthday and even gave me my old Christmas gifts lol (yes, I haven't seen them in a while my bad). I just couldn't think of a good excuse of why I wouldn't be drinking it with them....minus the truth so I did it.  

I told my Dad he's gonna be a grandpa again! 

This time around I will make sure things are different. We're not getting any younger and I need to stop being so distant and start enjoying a family life again. My younger sister is getting married too! Was planned for September 2015 but luckily they postponed it for next year. This was also something I was worried about telling my sis and Dad cause HELLO, I would be 7 month preggo for the wedding and I was a bridesmaid in it hahahaha ahhhhhhuugggh I was feeling super bad that that would cause issues but now I'm so relieved it's not till 2016. PHEWza.

Bullet dodged and I'll even have an extra +1 attending then!




No comments:

Post a Comment