Wednesday, July 8, 2015

22 Weeks - Meeting My Doctor

Finally...
the day has come for me to actually meet my OB/GYN doctor, Dr. A!
It's weird not knowing who will be delivering our child for this long but that's what I get for waiting forever to schedule my prenatal appointments in the first place. June was the first month I started going to the clinic, and mind you I've supposedly been pregnant since February but didn't even know until around the last week of March. Bad girl! Hey, I though I had a super bad case of the flu, the thought of being pregnant didn't even pop into my head until I was around 3 weeks late on my period since I've been late before when sick. Whoops.

Peed in a cup, weighed in at 210 lbs.
Our meeting was semi short for she was busy with other Mommy-to-be appointments that day but overall I got a good vibe from her. Measured my belly, listened to baby's heartbeat. She did inform me of some scary things to think about since with my first pregnancy I had 4th degree lacerations which may make my second birth difficult. Was told if the baby gets too big too fast I may have to be induced or have to schedule a c-section! Eeeeks. Not really what you want to hear or think about when pregnant but facts are facts and she was just doing her job lol. Now I'm even more nervous for delivery day but looking back on the tragic experience I had 20 years ago at the ripe age of 16, I don't remember actually being in pain for ever and of course it was all worth it in the end so yea...women's bodies are amazing! Hopefully things will go smoother this 2nd time around, I would like to have at least one more child before I turn 40 years old. 

We'll see tho...


No comments:

Post a Comment